Sunday, January 20, 2008

Thanks for Visiting

What an amazing day it has been. We arrived at the funeral home shortly before 1 pm so that we could setup some pictures, look over the flowers, and of course, pay our respects and say whatever needed to be said.

Shortly after 1, family started showing up. At 2 pm the doors were open to both friends and family. What a crowd. I felt like a sardine at times because there were soo many people there. I couldn't help but think that they were all their for my mother. In some way shape or form, their lives were touched by my mothers. The room wasn't small by any means either. It was amazing to see people there from all roads of my mothers life. From friends from Carson City, to friends from their old Church at Pennway, to friends from the church they attend now at Trinity. Family of course, both mom and dads side showed. People I have never met before, family I also need to be reintroduced to, my friends that knew mom, Jeremy's friends that knew mom. The list goes on and on.

The second viewing was more quiet, which is to be expected. There were also many more people from Trinity there. Over this last week I have started to see why my mom and dad like that church so much. The people I have met surpass all standards of kindness and thoughtfulness.

I look forward to tomorrow with anxiousness, not to get the morning over, but to meet more people who loved my mom. I want to thank everyone who came to the visitation, and I look forward to seeing many of you tomorrow morning. We are unsure of what kind of turnout there will be, but we look forward to sharing in the stories.

Again:

The funeral will be held on Monday, January 21, 2008 at 10:00 am, at Trinity Church, 3355 Dunckel rd. Lansing, Michigan 48911.

I would also like to inform everyone that there will be donation envelopes at Trinity Church if you would like to help our family with funeral expenses.

No comments: