Friday, January 25, 2008

Impact from Linda K.

To Sherry and her family,
Sherry is like a ray of sunshine when the clouds roll in over Muskegon Lake. Her upbeat outlook on life, her strength and her courage have made a profound impact on my life. She has taught me to laugh at myself and situations, to look for the positive in everything and to just enjoy each day to the fullest.
Even when she faced last year's surgery, she was upbeat and courageous. That miraculous surgery gave us all more time to be together and to enjoy the friendship that started all those years ago on the center dock of Hartshorn Marina in Muskegon. We spent so many wonderful days on the water, including nearly two weeks together on our boat traveling to the North Channel. What an experience that was, and I have the pictures to prove it! We both cherish all our memories together on the water we all love so much.
One of the most important ways Sherry (and Dave) have influenced Ken and my lives, has been in how they have always been so honest, accepting and non-judgemental of others. Their deep Christian faith has shown us that being "religious" means true love for God and for others, and demonstrating this through living a Christian life, not just preaching about it. We have the utmost respect for them as individuals and as a couple practicing their faith every day. That has helped sustain us watching all that is happening now to our dear friends.
I will miss Sherry every day of my life. I only wish we had many more years to share our love of sailing and our unquestioning friendship. She has been an inspiration to me and I will always treasure what she gave to me, a true friendship that will always be in my heart.
I love you Sherry. This summer, when we sail over the sparkling waters of Lake Michigan, I know you will be right there beside me, smiling and enjoying the wind and the sun, just as we have for so many other seasons of our lives. God protect and care for you, dearest friend, and give you peace.
Love,
Linda K.

No comments: